The 2020 State Fair livestock competitions have been canceled, and it has been determined that an alternative or virtual event is not feasible. Check back in the winter and spring for updated information about the 2021 fair. To get the latest State Fair competition news in your inbox, join our email list.
2020 Dairy Goats
- Dairy Goats Premium Book Section (PDF)
- Dairy Goats Entry Form (PDF)
Registration closes at 4:30 p.m. on the dates below, or earlier if barn capacity is reached.
- Opens: Monday, June 29
- Mail-in Entry Deadline: Monday, Aug. 10
- Online Entry Deadline: Monday, Aug. 10
- Alpine, Toggenburg, Recorded Grade
- Nubian, Saanen, LaMancha
- Oberhasli, Nigerian Dwarf
Entry: $4 per animal
- Alpine: Kirt Schnipke, Hamler, Ohio
- LaMancha: Kirt Schnipke, Hamler, Ohio
- Nigerian Dwarf: Kirt Schnipke, Hamler, Ohio
- Nubian: Kirt Schnipke, Hamler, Ohio
- Oberhasli: Kirt Schnipke, Hamler, Ohio
- Recorded Grades: Kirt Schnipke, Hamler, Ohio
- Saanen: Kirt Schnipke, Hamler, Ohio
- Toggenburg: Kirt Schnipke, Hamler, Ohio
Divisions are listed alphabetically, not in show order.
Arrival & Departure Window
Arrival: Friday, Sept. 4, 4 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Departure Window: Monday, Sept. 2, 1-5 p.m.
SCHEDULE (subject to change)
Friday, Sept. 4 • Sheep Barn
- 4 p.m. – Nigerian Dwarf Juniors
- 7 p.m. – Toggenburg Juniors
- 8:15 p.m. – Oberhasli Juniors
Saturday, Sept. 5 • Sheep Barn
- 8 a.m. – Oberhasli Seniors and Groups
- 9:30 a.m. – Saanens Juniors, Seniors and Groups
- 1 p.m. – Nubians Juniors, Seniors and Groups
- 3:30 p.m. – Nigerian Dwarf Seniors and Groups
- 5 p.m. – LaManchas Juniors, Seniors and Groups
Sunday, Sept. 6 • Sheep Barn
- 8 a.m. – Toggenburg Seniors and Groups
- 9:30 a.m. – Alpine Juniors, Seniors and Groups
- 2:30 p.m. – Recorded Grades Juniors, Seniors and Groups
- 5:15 p.m. – Best in Show
Goat Best of Show
Questions or concerns?
For further information, please contact email@example.com or 651-288-4417.