2022 Poultry & Rabbit
All information is subject to change. To get the latest State Fair competition news in your inbox, join our email list.
Links will become live as information is available.
Registration closes at 4:30 p.m. on the dates below, or earlier if barn capacity is reached.
- Opens: Monday, June 20
- Mail-in Entry Deadline: Friday, Aug. 5 (extended)
- Online Entry Deadline: Friday, Aug. 5 (extended)
- Chicken, Turkey and Waterfowl: Terry Britt, Chicago, Ill., and James Koencny, Lake Barrington, Ill.
- Pigeons: Richard Okeson, St. Paul, Minn.
- Rabbits: Ashley Sweeney, Medina, Ohio
Arrival & Departure Window | Poultry Barn
Arrival (closed to public until noon):
- Monday, Aug. 29, 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. (chickens, turkeys, waterfowl, pigeons)
- Friday, Sept. 2, 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. (rabbits)
- Thursday, Sept. 1, 1-5 p.m. (chickens, turkeys, waterfowl, pigeons)
- Monday, Sept. 5, 1-5 p.m. (rabbits)
POULTRY BARN JUDGING SCHEDULE (subject to change)
Tuesday, Aug. 30
- 9 a.m. – Chicken, Turkey and Waterfowl judging; Pigeons
Wednesday, Aug. 31
- 11-11:30 a.m. – Rooster Crowing Contest (Qualifying)
Thursday, Sept. 1
- 11-11:30 a.m. – Rooster Crowing Contest (Finals)
Saturday, Sept. 3
Sunday, Sept. 4
- 9 a.m. – Specialty Rabbit Show judging
For further information, please contact email@example.com or 651-288-4417.