A trip to the fair isn’t complete without seeing the traditional largest boar, which is on display all 12 days of the fair in the Swine Barn. While you’re there, see the various breeds of swine on display – and potentially in competition!
Also in the Swine Barn is the Oink Booth, where you can pick up your pig ear headband and learn about the swine industry.
2018 Swine Barn Hours
- Thursday, Aug. 23: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 24: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 25: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 26: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Note early closing time for livestock arrival & departure.
- Monday, Aug. 27: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 28: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 29: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 30: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.: See the Biggest Boar, the sow and litter, and Boer goats. There will be fewer pigs in the barn than you may have seen in the past, as they depart Wednesday night to allow for more time to clean the Swine Barn before the arrival of the next group of pigs.
- Friday, Aug. 31: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 1: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 2: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 3: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Note early closing time for livestock departure.
Be sure to check out the daily schedule to learn about where and when swine judging takes place.
Some breeds you might see:
- Chester White
- Poland China
- Spotted Hogs