A trip to the fair isn’t complete without checking out the traditional largest boar, which is on display all 12 days of the fair in the Robert A. Christensen Pavilion. While you’re there, check out the various breeds of swine on display – and potentially in competition!
Also in the Christensen Pavilion is the Oink Booth, where you can pick up your pig ear headband and learn about the swine industry.
2021 Christensen Pavilion Hours
- Thursday, Aug. 26: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 27: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 28: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 29: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Note early closing time for livestock arrival & departure.
- Monday, Aug. 30: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 31: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 1: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 2: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Note early closing time for livestock arrival & departure.
- Friday, Sept. 3: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 4: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 5: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 6: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Note early closing time for livestock departure.
Be sure to check out the daily schedule to learn about where and when swine judging takes place.
Some breeds you might see:
- Chester White
- Poland China
- Spotted Hogs