The 2020 State Fair livestock competitions have been canceled, and it has been determined that an alternative or virtual event is not feasible. Check back in the winter and spring for updated information about the 2021 fair. To get the latest State Fair competition news in your inbox, join our email list.
- Swine Premium Book Section (PDF)
- Swine Entry Form (PDF)
Registration closes at 4:30 p.m. on the dates below, or earlier if barn capacity is reached.
- Opens: Monday, June 22
- Mail-in Entry Deadline: Monday, Aug. 10
- Online Entry Deadline: Monday, Aug. 10
- Breeding Swine
- Junior Barrow
- Open Barrow
- $3 per breeding swine
- $3 per crossbred breeding gilt
- $5 per junior barrow events
- $10 per junior barrow
- $10 per open barrow
- All Other Breeds (AOB):
- Chester White:
- MN Junior Barrow Classic:
- Open Barrow:
- Poland China:
- Spotted Hogs:
Divisions are listed alphabetically, not in show order. *Invited, not yet confirmed
Arrival & Departure Window
- Arrival: Monday, Aug. 31, 4 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Departure: Thursday, Sept. 3, 1-5 p.m.
All show times approximate, shows will run consecutively.
Monday, Aug. 31 • Christensen Pavilion | West Ring
- 5 p.m. – Minnesota Junior Barrow Classic: Showmanship
Tuesday, Sept. 1 • Christensen Pavilion | New Fashion Pork (East) Ring
- 8 a.m. – Poland China, Chester White, Spotted Hogs, Yorkshire, Landrace, All Other Breeds (AOB), Supreme Champions
- 4:30 p.m. – MN Junior Barrow Classic – Judging Contest
Tuesday, Sept. 1 • Christensen Pavilion | West Ring
- 8 a.m. – Duroc, Hampshire, Berkshire, MN Junior Barrow Classic – Crossbred Breeding Gilts
Tuesday, Sept. 1 • Christensen Pavilion
- 11 a.m. – MN Junior Barrow Classic – Skill-a-thon
Wednesday, Sept. 2 • Christensen Pavilion | West Ring
- 8 a.m. – Minnesota Junior Barrow Classic Show
Wednesday, Sept. 2 • Christensen Pavilion | New Fashion Pork (East) Ring
- 9 a.m. – Open Barrow Show
Wednesday, Sept. 2 • Christensen Pavilion
- 5:15 p.m. – Minnesota Junior Barrow Classic – Sweepstakes Awards
- Open Class Swine Results (PDF)
- Open Class Swine Results including animal information (PDF)
- Largest Boar Contest Results (PDF)
- Current year real-time results (while shows are in progress)
- Previous years’ results are available in the digital archive.
Questions or concerns?
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-288-4417.