The following information has not been updated for 2022. Please check back in the spring and summer for updates. If you’d like to receive State Fair news, sign up for our email list.
Open Class Livestock
All information is subject to change. To get the latest State Fair competition news in your inbox, join our email list.
- Beef Cattle – Angus, Charolais, Hereford, Limousin, Red Angus, Shorthorn, Simmental
- Dairy Cattle – Ayrshire, Brown Swiss, Guernsey, Holstein, Jersey, Milking Shorthorn, Red & White
- Poultry & Rabbit – includes chickens, waterfowl, turkeys, pigeons, rabbits
- Swine – Berkshire, Chester White, Duroc, Hampshire, Landrace, Poland China, Spotted Hogs, Yorkshire, open barrows, junior barrow show
- Sheep – Border Cheviot, Columbia, Corriedale, Dorset, Hampshire, Lincoln, Montadale, Rambouillet, Southdown, Suffolk, other wool/meat breeds, market lamb classes
- Boer Goats – fullblood/purebred, percentage, open wether classes
- Dairy Goats – Alpine, LaMancha, Nigerian Dwarf, Nubian, Oberhasli, Recorded Grade, Saanen, Toggenburg
- Llamas – suri, light/medium, and heavy fiber halter, non-breeder halter, performance classes
- Stock Dogs – Rookie, Novice-Ranch, Pro-Ranch divisions
Rules for Entry
The open class livestock premium book and entry forms are available annually to view and print in early June. Information is also available by mail; contact the competition department and indicate which category you are interested in.
REGISTRATION: By entering online, entry and W-9 forms will be filled out electronically. Registration and payment for entries online will be available for all departments this summer. Online registration will absolutely close on each department’s final entry closing date at 4:30 p.m. No late entries may be submitted via the online registration process. Entries may also be submitted via mail. Payment must be submitted at time of entry.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-288-4417.