The 2020 State Fair livestock competitions have been canceled, and it has been determined that an alternative or virtual event is not feasible. Check back in the winter and spring for updated information about the 2021 fair. To get the latest State Fair competition news in your inbox, join our email list.
2020 Beef Cattle
- Beef Cattle Premium Book Section (PDF)
- Beef Cattle Entry Form (PDF)
Registration closes at 4:30 p.m. on the dates below, or earlier if barn capacity is reached.
- Opens: Monday, June 22
- Mail-in Entry Deadline: Monday, Aug. 3
- Online Entry Deadline: Monday, Aug. 10
- Percentage Simmental and Simmental
- Red Angus
- Shorthorn and Shorthorn Plus
Entry: $30 per animal
Other: $20 tie out
- Angus: Kyle Gillooly, Wadley, Ga.*
- Charolais: Kevin Jensen, Courtland, Kan.*
- Hereford: Kevin Jensen, Courtland, Kan.*
- Limousin: Torie Schwartz, Geneva, Neb.*
- Percentage Simmental: Jim Ligon, Cookeville, Tenn.*
- Red Angus: Kyle Gillooly, Wadley, Ga.*
- Shorthorn: Torie Schwartz, Geneva, Neb.*
- ShorthornPlus: Torie Schwartz, Geneva, Neb.*
- Simmental: Jim Ligon, Cookeville, Tenn.*
Divisions are listed alphabetically, not in show order. *Invited, not yet confirmed
Arrival & Departure Window
Arrival: Friday, Sept. 4, 4 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Departure: Monday, Sept. 7, 1-5 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 5 • Warner Coliseum
- 8 a.m. – Open Class Beef Cattle
Angus, Hereford, Shorthorn, Shorthorn Plus, Simmental
- 1 p.m. – Open Class Beef Cattle
Charolais, Limousin, Percentage Simmental, Red Angus
Sunday, Sept. 6 • Compeer Arena
- 7 p.m. – Open Class Beef Cattle
Supreme Champion Selection
Questions or concerns?
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-288-4417.