Volunteers are critical to the Great Minnesota Get-Together! These essential folks are what make many of our exhibits memorable and engaging. No expertise required – just a willingness to help your fellow fair fans make the most of their day! Most shifts are two to three hours, and we’ll show you what to do. Sign up solo or with a group! Each volunteer receives a FREE admission ticket to the fair! Learn more about the various opportunities available:
- Alphabet Forest – At this favorite destination for families and children, volunteers help with photo opportunities, alphabet games and easy crafts. Each volunteer receives a free admission ticket!
- The Common Table – Introducing Minnesotans to the idea of local, sustainable food, this uniquely designed destination in the Agriculture Horticulture Building needs volunteers to help visitors try the interactive exhibits. Each volunteer receives a free admission ticket!
- EquiMania!™ – At this award-winning exhibit in the Horse Barn, visitors take photos on a model horse, wrap a model horse’s leg and try a variety of easy activities to learn more about horses. Equine knowledge is not required. Each volunteer receives a free admission ticket and a free T-shirt!
- Kemps Little Farm Hands – Groups of 15-25 volunteers are needed in 4-hour shifts to guide children through this hands-on exhibit that teaches the agricultural process from farm to market. “Day of Volunteers” sponsorship opportunities are also available with additional benefits. Each volunteer receives a free admission ticket and a free T-shirt!
- Math On-A-Stick – This exhibit is a welcoming space where kids and grown-ups can explore fun math concepts. Volunteers help visitors sort, count, arrange and match with reptile-shaped tiles, colored eggs and more. Each volunteer receives a free admission ticket!