From the Moo Booth to the Cattle Barn to the Coliseum and everywhere in between, cattle can be found all 12 days of the fair. Make sure you stop by the historic Cattle Barn.
2022 Cattle Barn Hours
- Thursday, Aug. 25: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 26: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 27: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 28: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Note early closing time for Livestock Departure & Arrival.
- Monday, Aug. 29: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 30: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 31: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 1: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Note early closing time for Livestock Departure & Arrival.
- Friday, Sept. 2: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 3: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept. 4: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 5: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Note early closing time for Livestock Departure.
he 4-H beef and dairy cattle show takes place the first four days of the fair, open class dairy cattle move in the middle four days, and FFA beef and dairy cattle and open class beef cattle take over the last four days.
Want to learn about cattle and the importance of their place in agriculture? Don’t miss a trip to the Moo Booth in the Cattle Barn. Guests can find cows being milked, learn how to hand milk a cow, participate in a butter sculpting contest and so much more. Finally, check out the best of the best cattle as they are judged under the bright lights of the Coliseum. Be sure to check out the daily schedule for hours of where and when to find our a-moos-ing friends.
Some breeds you might see:
- Percentage Simmental
- Red Angus
- Shorthorn Plus
- Brown Swiss
- Milking Shorthorn
- Red & White