2021 Ag-Hort-Bee Competitions
All information is subject to change. To get the latest State Fair competition news in your inbox, join our email list.
The Minnesota State Fair offers many opportunities for Minnesotans to showcase their agricultural, horticultural and bee culture activities in competition. The following competition categories are available.
- Bee & Honey – competitions for junior exhibitors; experienced and novice producers of honey, observation hives or beeswax; baking or cooking with honey; beeswax carvings or castings, artwork and crafts with bee or honey motif
- Christmas Trees – competitions for decorated and undecorated Christmas trees and wreaths
- Crop Art & Scarecrow – competitions for amateur and advanced amateur exhibits of crop art, crops arrangements and scarecrows. Includes categories for out-of-state residents.
- Farm Crops – competitions for utility certified seed, seed ears, old and new corn, sheaves of grain
- Flowers – competitions for junior, amateur, advanced amateur and open exhibitors. The Minnesota State Fair hosts flower shows sponsored by Minnesota State Horticultural Society; African Violet Society; Minnesota Gladiolus Society; Federated Garden Clubs of Minnesota, Inc.; Orchid Society of Minnesota; Minnesota Bonsai Society; Minnesota Dahlia Society and Minnesota State Florist Association
- Fruit & Wine – competitions for amateur fruit growers including, but not limited to, apples, plums, grapes, pears, and peaches; and amateur wine producers including red, white, and rose grape table wines, apple, cherry or other berry wine
- Vegetable & Potato – competitions for amateur exhibitors including standard vegetable and potato categories, decorated squash and pumpkins, as well as “giant” vegetable contests
The Homebrew competition presented by Primary Fermenters, Brewers and Vintners is open to non-professional brewers from Minnesota. Registration at http://www.mnstatefair.brewcomp.com.
- Dairy Products results (PDF)
- Minnesota Association of Meat Processors Results
- Other Ag-Hort-Bee results can be found on the individual category pages.
- Previous years’ results are available in the digital archive.