The Minnesota State Fairgrounds are open to the public year-round (with the exception of special events; subject to change):
- Larpenteur Avenue and Underwood Street (open to pedestrian and bicycle traffic only)
- Gate 3 at Snelling and Hoyt avenues (open to pedestrian and bicycle traffic only)
- Gate 5 at Snelling Avenue and Midway Parkway (open to vehicle traffic)
- Gate 7 off Como Avenue (open to vehicle traffic)
- Gate 14 off Como Avenue (open to vehicle traffic)
- West Dan Patch Avenue on the west side of the fairgrounds (open to vehicle traffic)
Check out a map
Please comply with posted parking and traffic signs, including speed limits. Note: Practice driving is not permitted on the fairgrounds.
We also ask that your inner “Minnesota Nice” guides you as you use the fairgrounds to walk or bike.
- Our staff takes extra care to make sure our historic grounds remain beautiful, so please help us keep the fairgrounds in tip-top shape by cleaning up after yourself and your pet.
- Speaking of Fido, all dogs must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet.
Things to note:
- The fairgrounds are open between approximately 6 a.m. and 11 p.m. daily (with the exception of special events).
- None of the buildings are open to the public, except the restroom just south of Gate 5 at the Admin Too building.
- Pedestrians and bikers have the right of way.
Thank you for respecting walkers and bikers, the fairgrounds and its buildings and property. If you have questions or comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fairgrounds will be closed July 9, July 14-17 and Aug. 8-Sept. 9 due to fairgrounds events and the 2022 Minnesota State Fair.
All information subject to change.