Aug. 27 – Labor Day, Sept. 7, 2026
The original structure on this site, known as the Hippodrome, was built in 1906 and used for horse shows and livestock judging. From 1908 to 1943, it also housed as the Hippodrome Ice Rink during the winter months and was considered, at that time, to be the largest indoor rink in the world.
In 1943 during World War II, the building, along with others in the livestock area, was converted to a government-run military aircraft propeller plant, the building was no longer structurally sound and was razed. In 1950 and 1951, the present structure was erected, and horse shows were reinstated. The building continued to be called the Hippodrome until 1975, when a new ice rink was installed, and the name was changed to the Coliseum.
The rink was permanently closed in 2014 due to declining use and deteriorating ice-making equipment. In 2006, the name became the Lee & Rose Warner Coliseum. Mr. Warner was member of the Minnesota State Agricultural Society Board of Managers and the vice president of the Agricultural Society from 1919 to 1944.
The Lee & Rose Warner Coliseum is located on the south side of Judson Avenue between Liggett and Clough streets.