Up to 22 scholarships of $1,000 each and two scholarships of $2,000 each will be made available to young adults from greater Minnesota or those enrolled in an agriculture program in 2021-2022. The Minnesota State Fair Scholarships are funded by the Minnesota State Fair Foundation.
A qualified committee will review applications and select the recipients. Applications are due on Aug. 1, 2022, and scholarship recipients will be notified by telephone of their award by Aug. 15, 2022. If you have questions regarding this program or application, please contact the competition department at 651-288-4417 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for Consideration
- Application must indicate anticipated participation in the 2022 Minnesota State Fair.
- Rural residency or enrollment in an agriculture program required (for example, living in St. Paul and enrolled in your school’s FFA program).
- Must be a resident of Minnesota.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate.
- Applicant must be attending or planning to attend a post-secondary school in the current year. No restrictions as to course of study or choice of school.
- Incomplete applications or applications without a transcript will not be considered.
- Completed applications and transcripts must be received on or before Aug. 1, 2022, at 4:30 p.m.
- Previous Minnesota State Fair Scholarship recipients are ineligible to enter.
- Christensen Scholars must be willing to travel to Christensen Farms headquarters in Sleepy Eye, Minn., at the expense of Christensen Farms.
- Applications must be completed using the online scholarship application no later than Aug. 1, 2022, at 4:30 p.m.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Transcripts may be official or unofficial.
- Applications or transcripts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Do not submit multiple applications.
- No application materials will be returned.
- Submit transcript via email to email@example.com or mail to Minnesota State Fair Scholarship Program, Minnesota State Fair, 1265 Snelling Ave. N., St. Paul, MN 55108-3003. If you would like confirmation that your transcript was received, we suggest you send your transcript via certified mail or another delivery service.
Sample Application Questions
1A. What was your past involvement at the Minnesota State Fair (years, programs, awards)?
1B. What is your anticipated participation at the 2022 Minnesota State Fair?
Please describe the following:
2. Scholastic Achievements (GPA, Honors, etc.)
3. Leadership (Associations and offices held, projects directed, athletics)
4. Community Service (Volunteer work, etc.)
5. Future Goals
- A State Fair representative will initially review the applications to ensure applicants meet minimum requirements. Copies of the applications will be sent to each committee member.
- Applications will be ranked by each committee member in priority order. Individual rankings of each member will be combined to arrive at a consensus as to the top candidates and resultant number of recipients.
- Each of the five application criteria will be given 20% consideration for a total possible score of 100.
- A State Fair representative will vote only in case of ties.
- Recipients will be notified by telephone of award by Aug. 15, 2022.
- Announcement of the recipients will be made:
- Friday, Aug. 26, at the 4-H Beef Championship in the Lee & Rose Warner Coliseum
- Monday, Sept. 5, at the FFA Awards program held in Compeer Arena
- Recipients must write a thank-you to Minnesota Executive Vice President Jerry Hammer, Minnesota State Fair board members, the Minnesota State Fair Foundation and additional donors as instructed.
- Recipients must provide a copy of the billing statement from their post-secondary school showing tuition has been paid (paid tuition includes grants, scholarships, or cash payments). Do not send transcript or class schedule.
- Payment will be made when proof of paid tuition and thank-you notes are received by the Minnesota State Fair Competition Department.
- Recipients must claim their scholarship by Oct. 25, 2022. Payment will be made to applicant and sent to address listed on the application.
- Christensen Scholars must write a thank-you to the Christensen Family and mail it to the Minnesota State Fair Foundation.
- Minnesota State Fair Scholarship recipients may also be asked to meet with donors.