Skip to content

Aug. 25 – Labor Day, Sept. 5, 2022

14 Days 12 Hours 20 Mins

New Attraction: Old Iron Show Turns 25

Old Iron Show Turns 25

Reminiscent of the former Machinery Hill, the Old Iron Show – celebrating its 25th anniversary at the fair – gives fair guests an opportunity to get up-close for demonstrations and displays of beautifully restored, rare antique farm equipment. Learn about the history of the machines, their use in farm fields, the manufacturers of yesteryear, the dedicated, talented restorers in Minnesota, and best of all – marvel as the engines roar to life!

Details

Young and old alike will enjoy meandering through the exhibit showcasing antique machinery such as:

  • “The Flour City” (1912)
    • Manufactured in north Minneapolis by the Kinnard-Haines Co., this 70-horsepower tractor was used mainly on large wheat farms in northwest Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana and southwestern Canada. It was restored to running condition in Hastings, Minn.
  • Aultman-Taylor tractor (1918)
    • This 45-horsepower tractor was made in Ohio and used on large wheat farms. It was restored to running condition in Hastings, Minn.
  • Rumley Oil Pull Model “K” (1922)
    • Noted for using oil for engine coolant instead of water, the Advanced-Rumley Co. in Indiana manufactured 14 different tractor models, including this 20-horsepower machine. After sitting in disrepair for decades, it was restored in Champlin, Minn.
  • John Deere Model “D” (1929)
    • John Deere produced 160,000 Model “D” tractors from 1923 to 1953, making it the longest-produced model ever built by John Deere. This particular tractor was built in Iowa, fell into disrepair in Texas, and was brought to Champlin, Minn., where it was restored to almost-new condition.
  • John Deere Model “M” (ca. 1947-52)
    • Proudly displayed in pristine condition! Fun fact - Of all the many, many tractor manufacturers that have existed from the early 1900s to today, John Deere is the only tractor company that still operates under its original company and name.

Daily, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Additional Resources

Directions

Located on Lee Avenue between Underwood and Cooper streets