Get your State Fair food fix!
TICKETS ARE CURRENTLY SOLD OUT.
The first-ever Minnesota State Fair Food Parade is a meandering drive-thru experience featuring 16 vendors and a chance to support the Great Minnesota Get-Together. Join us Aug. 20-23, 27-30 and Sept. 3-7!
A limited number of vehicle tickets will be sold for this historic event and must be purchased online. Each vehicle ticket is $20 (fees extra, sales tax included), with proceeds supporting Minnesota State Fair operations in a year when the cancellation of the fair leaves us without 95% of our revenue to maintain our facilities and prepare for next year’s fair.
This is a parade! All vehicles will follow the same one-way 1.5-mile route through the fairgrounds by all 16 vendors. Plan for a multi-hour experience, and enjoy entertainment, a trivia contest and activities along the way.
Know Before You Go
- Turkey to Go by MN Turkey Growers (credit card only)
- Turkey Sandwich
- Giant Juicy (1/3 pound): $9
- Half-Pound Giant Juicy: $11
- Turkey Legs (gluten-friendly): $10
- Frozen Turkey Sandwich Meat by the Pound (gluten-friendly)
- One Pound: $17
- Five Pounds: $80
- Bottled beverages (Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Mountain Dew, Sprite, Fanta): $2.50
- Tom Thumb Donuts (cash/credit)
- Mini Donuts: $6
- Bottled beverages (Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, water): $3
- Fresh French Fries (cash/credit)
- 32 oz.: $9
- 88 oz.: $14
- Bottled beverages (Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, lemonade, water): $2.50
- Mouth Trap Cheese Curds (cash/credit)
- Que Viet (cash/credit)
- Giant Egg Roll On-a-Stick: $8
- Garlic Cream Cheese Wontons: $8
- Sweets & Treats (cash/credit)
- Jumbo Cotton Candy: $8
- Caramel & Candy Apples: $5
- Popcorn: $5
- Caramel Corn: $5
- Sno Cone: $4
- Water: $3
- Pronto Pups (cash only)
- Regular Pronto Pup: $5
- Bottled beverages (Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, water): $3
- Dairy Goodness Bar by ADA of the Midwest (cash/credit)
- Malts (12 oz.): $5
- Vanilla with Caramel Sauce
- Butcher Boys/Pitchfork Sausage (cash/credit)
- London Broil Steak on a Roll with onions, peppers and cheese (gluten-friendly without bun): $10
- Italian Sausage Sandwich with onions and peppers (gluten-friendly without bun): $10
- Italian Sausage On-a-Fork: $8
- Bottled beverages (Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, water): $3
- West Indies Soul Food (cash/credit)
- Jamaican Patties: $6
- (2) Jumbo Jerk Chicken Wings: $7
- (2) Jumbo Jerk Chicken Drummies: $7
- Bottled beverages (Pepsi, Mountain Dew): $3; Water: $2
- Hansen’s Foot Long Hot Dogs & Corn Dogs (cash/credit)
- Foot Long Hot Dog: $7
- Foot Long Corn Dog: $8
- Regular Corn Dog: $5
- Bottled water: $2
- Cheese On-A-Stick and Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade (cash/credit)
- Cheese On-A-Stick: $5
- Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade
- Sealed Bottle (16 oz.): $5
- State Fair Souvenir Bottle (28 oz.): $8
- 1-gallon jug: $20
- Giggles’ Campfire Grill (cash/credit)
- Walleye Fries: $9.50
- Walleye Cakes: $9.50
- Duck Bacon Wontons: $9.50
- Duck Drummies: $9.50
- Beverages (Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, Mountain Dew): $2.50; Water: $2 or 3 for $5
- El Sol Mexican Foods (cash/credit)
- Tacos: $5
- Fried Flour Shell
- Hard Corn Shell
- Beef and Bean: $9
- Jumbo Beef: $8.50
- Bean: $6
- Bottled beverages (Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, water): $2.50
- The Hangar (cash/credit)
- Tater Twister (Sausage wrapped in a whole spiral-sliced potato and fried): $9
- Tater Twister without sausage (gluten-friendly, vegan): $9
- Fried Oreos: $7
- Funnel Cake: $8
- Bottled beverages (Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite): $4; Water: $3
- Sweet Martha’s Cookie Jar (cash only)
- Pail of Cookies: $17 (limit 6 pails per vehicle)
- Bottled beverages (water, milk): $3
Subject to change. Sales tax included.
Food Parade Tickets
TICKETS ARE CURRENTLY SOLD OUT. Tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. July 31. Limit two vehicle tickets per customer. When you purchase your ticket, select a date and time to attend (see Etix for current availability):
- Thursday through Sunday, Aug. 20-23 and 27-30 (arrival times each hour at 9 a.m. to noon and 2 to 5 p.m.)
- Thursday through Sunday, Sept. 3-6 (arrival times each hour at 9 a.m. to noon and 2 to 5 p.m.)
- Monday, Sept. 7 (arrival times each hour at 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
With each vehicle ticket, you’ll receive:
- Entrance to the Food Parade for up to five people in your vehicle. (Children ages 4 and under are not counted.) If you have more than five people, or would like extra lunch bags, an additional $20 ticket is required. You can add an “EXTRAS” ticket on to your vehicle ticket purchase during the check-out process in Etix. (One ticket is required for every five people and lunch bag.) Standard passenger vehicles only; pedestrians, bikes, motorcycles, buses, RVs, limousines, commercial passenger vans, oversized-vehicles and trailers are not permitted.
- One insulated Minnesota State Fair reusable lunch bag. If you’d like to purchase additional lunch bags, see note above.
- Fun entertainment and activities along the parade route (sponsored by Mazda), a trivia game (sponsored by Summit Brewing), with fabulous prizes, appearances by our beloved State Fair mascots Fairborne and Fairchild (sponsored by Faribault Woolen Mill), and more!
- A goodie bag (sponsored by Xfinity) filled with surprises from our sponsors and partners
- Food purchases are not included in the vehicle ticket price.
Know Before You Go
- This is a drive-thru event, so we ask that people remain in their vehicles. We’ll bring the ordering and food to you!
- We expect that this will be a popular event! While we are limiting vehicle tickets per hour and working hard to move guests through the parade route as efficiently as possible, please plan for a multi-hour experience. We’ll have entertainment and State Fair activities to do along the way, but this won’t be a grab-n-go curbside pick-up event.
- All vehicles will follow a one-way parade route through the fairgrounds passing by each vendor. In some areas along the route, there will be a bypass lane. For traffic management and safety reasons, we are not able to create a bypass lane throughout the entire route. We will have two lanes of traffic, and the third lane must remain open for emergency vehicles.
- Please note that limited public portable toilets along the route will be available and are noted on the map (check back in the coming weeks for a map). Restrooms will not be open.
- In the Midway Welcome Lot (sponsored by Allina Health | Aetna), we’re collecting food donations for Second Harvest Heartland to help address the growing need in our communities. Consider bringing items with you when you come to the parade. (Please note that items should not be past their “best by” or expiration dates.) Food drive in partnership with Cub, benefitting Second Harvest Heartland.
- The parade goes on rain or shine!
- Bring a pen with you to fill out your orders – we’ll provide the menus. Plus, bring pens for kids to do an in-car bingo game along the parade route. Check out the menu now (sponsored by Star Tribune), but no need to print it out – there will be one in your goodie bag!
- We encourage those in your vehicle who will be placing and paying for orders to wear masks. All State Fair and concessionaire staff will wear masks. Minnesota Department of Health guidelines will be followed.
- Event entrance is located at the intersection of Snelling and Hoyt avenues on the north end of the fairgrounds. Stay tuned for an event map.
- Tickets must be purchased online in advance. Day-of and drive-up sales will be available via Etix only if we have not reached capacity.
- All attendees must be in a standard passenger vehicle. Pedestrians, bikes, motorcycles, buses, RVs, limousines, commercial passenger vans, oversized-vehicles and trailers are not permitted.
- For additional information, check out our Know Before You Go page.